Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Zesty Zucchini


Well, I solved a mystery this evening.  My son, Matthew, who loves anything related to fruit but dismisses most vegetables (on a good day, he will concede and eat fresh green beans...never frozen) willingly ate these zucchini pizza bites.  Perhaps it was the marina sauce or the melted cheese or the convenient size.  Whatever the reason, he tried one (as I held my breath), seemed to enjoy it, and (gasp) he asked for seconds!  This was a true culinary feat in my eyes.  That is, until further delving revealed that zucchini is indeed a fruit.  So, I am back to square one determined to expand his palette to include vegetables.  Perhaps a potato pizza might do the trick....I'll keep you posted.  In the meantime, these will definitely be a part of the appetizer rotation in our household.  Next time, I plan on trying this recipe with eggplant...even if it's considered a fruit.  







No comments:

Post a Comment