Thursday, October 17, 2013

Purple Punch

 Skirt: Calypso (similar here)/ Top: Splendid/ Shoes: Coach (similar here)/ Clutch: Target (similar here)/ Sunglasses: Michael Kors (similar here

 This purple skirt is my most treasured item in my closet.  I have had it for thirteen years and I still feel like the "cat's meow" (my mother's terminology) every time I slip it on.  I acquired it during my days of working as an assistant buyer at Calypso and have paired it with everything from a crisp white wrap shirt to a black cashmere turtleneck to tall high heeled boots to simple pumps.  When the weather begins to get a little nippier, I usually couple it with a cropped black wool bracelet sleeve jacket and long black gloves.  This season, I'm thinking about shaking things up a bit and throwing on my black quilted moto jacket over this ensemble with these black booties.  I love how this piece is so classic yet I can infuse trends year to year to give it a modern edge.




No comments:

Post a Comment