Monday, August 19, 2013

Preppy Pause


Striped Tee: Old Navy (similar here)/ Khaki Shorts: Banana Republic (similar here)/ Sandals: Jack Rogers/ Sunglasses: Michael Kors (similar here)/ Tote: J.Crew

This past weekend, I was up in New England picking up my daughter from camp so while I was there naturally I decided to embrace my inner preppy.  I don't own anything resembling seersucker, madras, argyle or khakis dotted with blue whales.  But, I was able to dig up this nautical striped three quarter sleeve tee and these khaki shorts from the archives.  Paired with Jack Rogers sandals and a straw tote, I think I blended in quite well...that is, of course, if one didn't notice my New York plates.  I was careful not to say "cawfee" or "wawter."  And my husband warned me not to mention the Yankees.  However, I think I blew my cover completely when I impatiently honked my horn at the car in front of me that was inching along at a snail's pace.  I suppose you can take the girl out of New York...well, you know the rest...










No comments:

Post a Comment