Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Something Old, Something New


Tee Shirt: J.Crew/ Boyfriend Jeans: Gap/ Scarf: Target (similar here)/ Flats: Ivanka Trump (similar here)/ Tote: Just Campagne (similar here)/ Sunglasses: similar here)

When I was working as an assistant buyer for Calypso, there were definitely a few noteworthy perks.  Sometimes, I was lucky enough to be able to keep some of the many samples that came our way.  (I still own a ribbed orange cashmere scarf that I treasure to this day.)  I also was fortunate to take home the sample sizes the design department created. (One memorable piece was a brown suede ruffled coat that I wore everywhere in 2002...not incredibly practical for bitter New York winters but I relished the idea that no one else owned one.)  But, the best part of working at Calypso was the access I had to their yearly sample sale.  At the end of the day, the items that did not sell were sold to us employees at a deep discount.  My two prized possessions are a pair of Sigerson Morrison flats and this tote by Just Campagne.  I have been the proud owner of this bag for twelve years now and I still use it quite regularly.  The classic shape, neutral color and impeccable quality have stood the test of time.  Paired with my latest accessory purchase, this fringed summer scarf from Target, I suppose this ensemble epitomizes the term high-low.  I love the fact that this outfit can segue from a morning stroll on the boardwalk with my daughter to coffee with a friend.  C'est parfait.







No comments:

Post a Comment