Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Wonderful World

Top: Converse for Target (similar here)/ Shorts: J.Crew/ Wedges: Anne Klein (similar here)/ Sunglasses: (similar here)/ Bag: Kate Spade (similar here)

I was feeling rather adventurous last Friday and so I decided to venture out to parts unknown...this time to famed Flushing Meadows Park.  I'm quite embarrassed to admit that despite the fact that I used to live a mere ten minutes away from this iconic park, I never once stepped foot onto its' grounds.  Home to the National Tennis Center, Citi Field, the New York Hall of Science and the Queens Museum of Art (just to name a few) it is the fourth largest park in New York City.  Of course what it is widely known for is playing host to the 1939/1940 World's Fair as well as in 1964/1965 (which is why the Unisphere was created, as the theme symbol).  I was initially taken aback by its' sheer size and the dramatic fountains and reflecting pool surrounding it.  Naturally, my children delighted in the fact that the wind continuously sprayed them with water...an enormous sprinkler with an ice cream truck strategically parked off to the side.  What more could you ask for?







No comments:

Post a Comment