Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Plaid Persuasion


Top: Target (similar here)/ Shorts: J.Crew/ Clutch: J. Crew (similar here)/ Ballet Flats: J.Crew/ Sunglasses: BCBG (similar here)/ Belt: Target (similar here)

As much as I appreciate the ease and comfort of my summer uniform of denim cut-offs and tissue tees, now that the summer is coming to an end,  I feel the need to switch things up a bit.  As I was rifling through my closet this morning, I came across this plaid button down I purchased at Target a few years ago.  In the past, I have worn it untucked over a pair of dark skinny jeans with riding boots and a blazer.  I never thought to couple it with a bright pair of chino shorts and flats.  Perhaps my propensity for preppiness has carried over from my weekend up to New England.  Regardless, this ensemble will definitely be resurrected before Fall arrives in full glory when shorts and wicker clutches will become faint memories as we wrap ourselves up in cozy cashmere sweaters and gather around the fireplace.  I shudder to think...










No comments:

Post a Comment