Monday, October 14, 2013

Tough Love

Leather jacket: Guess (similar here)/ Top: Vince Camuto (similar here)/ Jeans: Gap/ Clutch: Target/ Booties: similar here/ Sunglasses: similar here

I generally don't subscribe to trends and if I do, they are most likely in the form of a carefully thought out accessory.  After years of trial and (a lot of ) error, I've realized what works for my body type, personality and lifestyle.  I prefer clean lines, classic shapes and neutral colors and then infuse trends into my wardrobe via a scarf, clutch, sunglasses or shoes.  So, it was definitely out of character for me to purchase this leather moto jacket last fall.  Truth be told, I was going to a concert with a group of friends and I wanted to look, well....for lack of a better word, cool.  (Please don't tell my daughter I said that.)  I'd been on the hunt for a more polished leather blazer and happened to stumble upon this jacket one night in Bloomingdale's.  The moment I slipped it on, it just felt right and impulsively, I scurried to the nearest register.  Initially, I felt guilty thinking I was only going to wear it a handful of times but as it turns out, I reach for this jacket more times than not.  It works just as well with a pair of boyfriend jeans and flats for running around town as it does with skinny jeans and a blouse for dinner or drinks. Sure, leather jackets have a reputation for being kind of rebel with an attitude, rock star tough but lately when paired with a cocktail dress and heels like this, it conveys feminine chic all the way.


 





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful leather jacket and clutch.

    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete