Friday, August 16, 2013

Signs of Life


With summer coming to an end, I was nostalgically sifting through the many photos I have taken over the past few months.  I realized that I am drawn to signs...some are quirky, some are pretty straight forward and some are signs we see everyday.  Regardless, they each represent something...a special day, a delicious meal, a laugh shared with a friend or a quiet moment all to myself.  I decided I am going to print and frame many of them and hang them around the house.  This way, each time I pass by them, it will take me back to the summer of 2013 when my children were 11, 8, 5 and 2.  When we spent countless afternoons at the pool, evenings at my son's baseball games and weekends at the beach. When we made homemade pizzas together(preferably half cheese, half pepperoni), sang loudly in the car with the sunroof open (favorite summer song: Justin Timberlake's Mirrors) and stayed up late watching movies (I think I know Teen Beach Movie by heart).  I will truly miss our precious time together as my children head back to school in just a few short weeks.  Sure, there are fall sports and apple picking and Halloween to look forward to now.  But, there is something magical about those long, lazy days of summer....














No comments:

Post a Comment