Thursday, September 5, 2013

Little Lace Dress



Dress: Karen Millen (similar here)/ Clutch: J.Crew (similar here)/ Pumps: Sam Edelman/ Sunglasses: Michael Kors (similar here)

One of my biggest regrets is giving away a lace top with a mandarin collar that I acquired from my days at Calypso.  It was a light grayish blue with delicate buttons and two slits on the sides.  It was one of a kind, a sample that never made its' way to production.  I remember wearing it to Coterie one year over a pair of black cigarette pants and receiving numerous compliments.  After I had my daughter and was purging my closets one day, I packed it away along with other "work" clothes that I thought were impractical for my new lifestyle.  Oh, how I wish I could turn back the clock.  Lace is timeless, elegant, feminine and chic.  It should never be cast aside like last season's news.  So, this past summer, as I was combing the racks at Bloomingdale's searching for the perfect rehearsal dinner dress, my daughter spotted this number by Karen Millen.  I love how this dress can segue from a date night to a wedding.  It is classic, versatile and comfortable.  As the summer is sadly coming to an end, I realize I may not be able to pair it with nude pumps and a straw clutch but I can couple it with black opaque tights, black patent pumps and a cropped velvet blazer.  Could it be possible that I'm already thinking about New Year's Eve?






2 comments:

  1. This dress is beautiful! Lace is so classy and timeless, and I find myself buying it over and over again.

    Alyssa
    http://notyourmomscloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete