Thursday, September 26, 2013

Day to Night

Tee: J.Crew/ Jeans: Gap/ Flats: Tory Burch (similar here)/ Scarf: J.Crew/ Bag: Isaac Mizrahi for Target (similar here)/ Sunglasses: similar here

I'm all about keeping things streamlined and simple because I no longer have the time (nor the energy) to over think my look.  So, when it comes to dinner with my husband or drinks with my friends, I typically do not undergo a full outfit change.  Rather, I try to tweak my ensemble by swapping out accessories and adding some layers.  If I have an extra five minutes, I'll apply some lipstick and dab on some perfume but truth be told, most times I'm okay with just my Kiehl's lip balm and my hair piled into a loose bun.  I spent my twenties in front of the mirror fussing over this and that and religiously watching what I ate.  Now, in my thirties, I feel like I've just begun to hit my stride.  I don't stress over the piece of cake I ate (and enjoyed) and I rarely spend more than twenty minutes getting ready anymore.  Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.  If I could write a letter to my twenty-five year old self, I'd tell that young woman to relax, smile more, count her blessings....and ask for seconds!








Blazer: Nordstrom Juniors (similar here)/ Pumps: Coach (similar here)/ Bag: Ferragamo (similar here)

2 comments:

  1. These looks are seriously perfect! That blazer is to die for, I definitely need it in my closet!

    xo
    Jody
    www.jodybeth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jody :) Your blog is great! So jealous you scored the new Philip Lim bag from Target. My Target was all out!! Happy Friday!

      Kate

      Delete