Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Daily Delights

My 11 year old daughter took this impromptu photo while I was touching up my make-up on the way out the door.  (She is also my personal photographer and takes all the fashion pictures for my blog!)

This past weekend, with the exception of a couple of baseball games, we had nothing scheduled.  I forgot how lovely and relaxing it is to wake up to a leisure breakfast of coffee and pancakes, take a long, hot shower (and actually have time to blow dry my hair), enjoy a late night dinner for two with my husband, and catch up on my favorite reality shows.  I realize every weekend cannot be a replica of this one but it does put things into perspective and forces me to take a step back and appreciate the small things...and quite literally, smell the roses.

These roses were $2.99 at the grocery store.  Five days later and they still look fresh.  

I love my Starbucks latte but I'm trying to save for our next vacation...so my trusty milk frother has been working overtime these days.   

I love Bobbi Brown's rich chocolate eye palette for fall.  


I cannot eat enough beet and goat cheese lately so of course this crostini is a must have.

My two year old son spotted this butterfly and promptly requested that I take a photo.  

My husband took this photo while we were away a few weeks ago.  It was one of those perfect days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment