Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Gray Matters

Peacaoat: Gap (similar here)/ Sweater: J.Crew/ Jeans: Joe's Jeans/ Boots: Lord & Taylor private label (similar here)/ Hat: J.Crew

This past weekend, we decided to take advantage of the mild temps and head down to the beach for what may be our last hurrah.  Although it felt unseasonably warm in our neck of the woods, it's always more breezy down by the water so I grabbed my trusty gray peacoat and my new slouchy knit hat and off we went.  My kids and husband teased me for my "funny looking" head piece but I must say, the cool October wind wasn't bothering my ears (I can't say the same for everyone else) and I felt appropriately snug in my wool jacket.  After a leisurely stroll by the bay, we headed over to a fall festival on the ocean side complete with live music, an animal exhibition (my kids loved petting the snakes...me, not so much), and a charming display shared by local artists.  It was the perfect way to celebrate the last days of early fall before we begin to experience even shorter days, frosty nights and trade in light jackets for down parkas and chunky sweaters.  






1 comment:

  1. I love the beanie! My husband always makes fun of my "head wear" too :) They just don't understand!

    www.polishedclosets.com

    ReplyDelete