Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Fierce French Toast


Every time we go out for brunch (which isn't too often with four children) I treat myself to french toast.  I browse over the menu but inevitably I arrive at the same decision each time.  I think it's because I have never quite mastered the art of making the perfect batch.  I either burn it or under cook it and consequently my children end up pushing it around with their forks making circles on their plates until I reluctantly offer a more appetizing alternative.  This all changed this past weekend when I decided to go back to the drawing board and attempt this recipe.  I was inspired after reading this article and woke up Saturday morning armed with my new information and determined to get it right.  I substituted challah bread for semolina and used low fat milk instead of half and half but I must say, it was superb. Of course, french toast tastes best when served with a generous sprinkling of powdered sugar and warm maple syrup.  After the kids went off to play, I savored mine over a cup of coffee and the latest issue of Coastal Living.  It was the quintessential lazy Saturday morning spent in my pj's.








2 comments:

  1. The french toast looks so good!

    Kristi @ thecoralcourt.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That looks delicious. I will be making this for sure.
    I'd love to hear your thoughts about my latest post. :)
    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete