Friday, July 26, 2013

Summer Staples

Chambray Top: Gap/ Toothpick Jeans: J.Crew/ Clutch: J.Crew (similar)/ Ballet Flats: J.Crew/ Sunglasses: similar

Admittedly, I haven't always been the biggest fan of the chambray shirt.  Perhaps that is due to the fact that during the early 90's, I owned a chambray shirt that apparently I felt the need to wear everywhere (and yes, I have the photos to prove it).  I shudder to think that I used to pair it with loose fitting jeans and Bass shoes.  Why didn't anyone stage an intervention?  Fast forward twenty years later to one afternoon when I found myself in the Gap glancing at a mannequin dressed in a chambray button down and white ankle jeans.  There was something so crisp yet relaxed about this look that drew my attention.  This iconic pairing achieves the rare combination of comfortable, elegant and casual attire.  The temperature here in New York finally took a much needed dip this morning.  So, I was more than pleased to substitute tank tops and shorts for long sleeves and jeans.  I love an outfit that can transport me from a morning at the beach to an afternoon at the movies.  Pass the popcorn please.  







2 comments:

  1. Gosh, Kate, I remember that chambray shirt outfit you described from college. The updated version is much better, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marya! I would agree whole-heartedly!Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete